Thursday, June 30, 2011

a Worry List

worrying makes me feel uneasy and uncomfortable. Sometimes when I'm worrying too much, I've tend forget the things that are much more important. Worrying is not good. 

that is exactly what my devotion is all about this morning. It leads me to Matthew 6:25-34, which explains worrying. 

I wanna share to you what I've read in my devotional book. surely it will help you.

here are some helpful suggestions for worries (by Paul Borden, Focal Point Magazine):

1. Start a Worry List-write down what you've worried about.
   
     my worries:
    *Thesis
    *Hard and very stressful Subjects
    *my Study
    *my Family
    *the Future, career I will pursue after I graduate. 

2. Turn your Worry List into a Prayer List-ask the Lord to work in those situations you're concerned about. pray specifically for your needs and depend on Him.

3. Turn your Prayer List into an Action List-if you have any insight that there's something you can do about your cares, do it. 
    
      my Action List:
     *Manage my time wisely in doing our thesis. 
     *Be more Studious. Study Harder. Good time Management.
     *Always pray for my family. Make them my inspiration while I'm studying  and Pursuing
       my dreams.
     *Pray for my future. Follow God's will for me and for my future career. I will let God
       lead the way. 


this suggestions help me how to manage and cast all my worries upon the Lord. But if you also read what the Bible says about worries, you'll find it more helpful.

the Bible reminded me of this things, we don't need to worry about our life, what we will eat or drink, about our body or what we will wear. our life is more important than those worries. Like the birds in the air, they don't sow or reap and yet God feeds them. 


God can do far more better in our lives, because He created us superior above all His creations. 


Worrying can not add a single hour to our life.


Matthew 6:33 says, 
"but seek first His (God) kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be added unto you."

"therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." verse 34


don't fret about the future 
or be consumed by cares;
Instead take all your worries
and turn them into prayers
-Sper



So, why not start your list right now?



Happy 1st day of July. 
TGIF



3 comments:

  1. i love this! thank you for the reminder, lhen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!

    I tried to search my previous post on the google search engine and found this post next on mine so i tried to check it out. then voila, we have same post!

    I bet you're reading the Daily Bread too, aren't you?

    Just happy found someone like you.


    Smiles from,

    Andy at wordsandpen.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Andy of wordsandpen,

    It's good to know that we have the same post. Yes, I'm reading the Daily Bread, i used it as my devotional book.

    God bless!


    -Lhen

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking time reading my post. Your comment/s means a lot to me. Thank you and God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...