Friday, January 6, 2012

Victory over Anxiety

"worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives us something to do but doesn't get us anywhere."


i was not happy about myself because of being worried oftentimes. I've been struggling about this matter for such a long time. i know i have to remind myself always to stop worrying to much. Instead, i should remind myself of the passage in the Bible found in Philippians 4:6-7, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

the passage was very clear but  most of the time i failed to do what it says. i easily become stressed and upset whenever problems and concerns came into my mind. even in simple and small things, i struggle not to worry. it's just like a virus that corrupts my mind and heart . it hinders me to think about the things that are more significant than worrying.

i really know that i should stop myself from worrying too much. although worrying is a vital thing in human life, it comes naturally when we are facing tough situations. but the truth is, it's not really good for us and it's not really good for me. if i truly trust that the Sovereign God is in control of my life, i have no excuses to fret. instead, i must choose to cast all my cares upon the Lord and rest in Him. for God is more than able to handle my problems and concerns.

Evidently, God desired to confirmed His crystal clear message to me through Philippians 4:6-7. i was also reminded about how Jesus Christ exhorts His followers not to worry about the necessities of life. if the Father attends to the needs of the simple birds and flowers of the field, will He not more so take care of His Children's needs?


it would be a good new years resolution to be worry-free throughout the year and to choose the pathway of peace. 

thanks be to God for another way to reinforce the lesson, He is patiently teaching me.

are you experiencing the same? 
just allow God to control your life for He cares so much about you.
He's the prince of peace who can give you and me and all of us the peace that surpasses all understanding. and that will help us to have Victory over all our worries and fears.

to God be the Glory for all the great things He has done.


Happy weekend! 


1 comment:

  1. Hmm, amen to that! Great to see what God is teaching you - and continuing to teach me as well.

    I just came across this quote today, which is so true...

    "God wants you to seek to please Him first, and think about the problem of fear secondly. That is why when speaking of worry (a lesser form of fear), in Matthew 6:33 He commands 'Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness.' If you put anything else first -- even the desire to rid yourself of a terrifying fear -- you will discover that you will fail to achieve either goal. God will not take second place, even to a legitimate concern to be free of fear." - Jay Adams

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking time reading my post. Your comment/s means a lot to me. Thank you and God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...