Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Year in Review

(i just want to share my Devotion this morning)

During the last week of December newscaster often look back at the significant triumphs and failures of prominent people, natural disasters, economic challenges and deaths of celebrities and leaders. the most surprising events usually receive top billing. 

if you reviewed the past year of your life, what would appear on your list? has an expected event caused you to question God or to more deeply experience His goodness?

Psalm 77 chronicles the lament of a person in distress who felt as if God no longer cared (verse 7-9) "7Will the Lord reject forever? Will he never show his favor again? 8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever? Has his promise failed for all time? 9 Has God forgotten to be merciful? Has he in anger withheld his compassion?”

yet, even in anguish, the Psalmist said, (verse 11) "11I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago."

the result was renewal of hope and trust: (verse 14) "14 You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples."

Psalm 77
 1 I cried out to God for help; 

   I cried out to God to hear me. 

2 When I was in distress, I sought the Lord; 

   at night I stretched out untiring hands, 

   and I would not be comforted.

 3 I remembered you, God, and I groaned; 

   I meditated, and my spirit grew faint.

4 You kept my eyes from closing; 

   I was too troubled to speak. 

5 I thought about the former days, 
   the years of long ago; 
6 I remembered my songs in the night. 
   My heart meditated and my spirit asked:

 7 “Will the Lord reject forever? 

   Will he never show his favor again? 

8 Has his unfailing love vanished forever? 

   Has his promise failed for all time? 

9 Has God forgotten to be merciful? 
   Has he in anger withheld his compassion?”

 10 Then I thought, “To this I will appeal: 

   the years when the Most High stretched out his right hand. 

11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD; 

   yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. 

12 I will consider all your works 
   and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”

 13 Your ways, God, are holy. 

   What god is as great as our God? 

14 You are the God who performs miracles; 

   you display your power among the peoples.



as you think back over this past year, why not write down the significant events in your life. don't be afraid to include your difficulties and disappointments, but remember to consider all the ways  God has been with you.

during every difficulty, we can always find the faithfulness of God. 

source: Our Daily Bread 2011, David McCasland


Significant events and lessons of my life (year 2011)

1. I learned to trust God all the time and to put my hope in Him because He's the source of it. (Blog post)
2. God reveals Himself in everyday of my life (during my devotions and prayers).
3. To never give up even things seems impossible, because God will surely provide a way out. (Blog post)
4. To cast all my cares and worries upon the Lord. (Blog post)
5. Strong Family relationship. every year it gets better and better. 
7. i attended Youth Factor 4.
8. I was in Saved Festival 2011
9. Unforgettable experiences of my Internship @ Jose Reyes Memorial Medical Center.  Christmas Party, Bonding moments
10. God's unlimited Help in my Study.
11. 20 years of God's Grace and Faithfulness. my 20th Birthday!!! 
12. Sufficient Provision to my Family. this year, our life-long prayers has been answered, because we got our own house. for almost 19 years we rented a house and this year was such a blessing because we already have our own (by God's grace and provision).


to God be the Glory!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank you for dropping by and taking time reading my post. Your comment/s means a lot to me. Thank you and God bless you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...